Unable to join Mac Lion 10.7.3 client to an active directory domain


Kept receiving the error using the GUI, "the plugin has encountered an error processing request". On the command line I'd get that plus the 10001 error code. My domain admin account would not work but a coworkers would. The difference? My account had the box checked "Do not require Kerberos preauthentication". As soon as that was unchecked, I was able to use my domain admin account to bind a 10.7.3 machine to an Active Directory Domain. Note that my admin account had worked on binding 10.x machines BEFORE 10.7 just fine with that box checked. We had that box checked because we have Linux machines that authenticate off our active directory domain and for accounts to authenticate, they needed that box checked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Database, schema, and table sizes in Greenplum

Greenplum update with multiple tables

Show running queries on Postgresql/Greenplum