Sending emai in a perl script using sendmail

I needed a quick way to send an email when a script was done. Did some digging around and converted another CGI script to a plain perl script and finally got the syntax correct.
 #!/usr/bin/env perl
my $sendmail = "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t";
my $reply_to = "Reply-to: replyto\@addresshere\n";
my $subject = "Subject: Some amazing subject\n";
my $send_to = "To: destination\@addresshere\n";
open (SENDMAIL, "|$sendmail") or die "Cannot open sendmail: $!\n";
print SENDMAIL $reply_to;
print SENDMAIL $subject;
print SENDMAIL $send_to;
print SENDMAIL "Content-type: text/plain\n";
print SENDMAIL "Content here. You could also put the content in a variable above.";
close(SENDMAIL);

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Database, schema, and table sizes in Greenplum

Greenplum update with multiple tables

Show running queries on Postgresql/Greenplum