Lens is coming

I ended up with the 70-200 f/4 IS USM. I figured in the end the f/4 should be good enough for shooting soccer outdoor and may even work for indoor if there is enough light. The boys don't play indoor yet but they may someday. Hopefully I'm covered. There were a bunch of things that went into my decision:

1. Build quality of 70-200 L lens is outstanding from what I've read.
2. 70-300 f/4-5.6 has a focus ring that rotates during AF which can cause issues if you have a hand on it when it's focusing. I could see that being an issue.
3. 70-300 f/4-5.6 has a front rotating element which makes using polarizers next to impossible.
4. photozone.de results for 70-200 are amazing. According to those tests the lens is excellent throughout it's range and across the entire image
5. I figured you only live once and I was fortunate enough to have the mondy to get it so why not.

It will be here on January 20th. I'm excited to try it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Database, schema, and table sizes in Greenplum

Greenplum update with multiple tables

Show running queries on Postgresql/Greenplum