Figuring out what I want to do

One of the things I've wrestled with in the past is whether or not I want to start a little photography business. This would obviously be something on the side where I shoot after work or on weekends. I almost got going a few years ago but never quite pulled the trigger. I did a senior photos shoot for a neighbor and they loved the results, or so they told me :). I thought that would get me started but I never put any effort into getting more business. Here I am a couple of years later with a renewed spirit for taking photos and that question popped into my mind again. The big reason it did was that I used a friends 28-70 f/2.8 lens this fall and loved how the photos looked. I decided I wanted one for myself. Well, if I'm going to spend that kind of money then I should try to make some money as well right? For me, the answer is wrong. I just don't want to give up my free time to take photos for someone else, then process them, then print them, then meet with the person to give them there photos and wrap up. I want to spend the bulk of my time just shooting and other stuff that really interests me, like fishing and playing soccer. So I've decided this will always just be a hobby for me, an expensive one :). I'm sure I'll do my own kids senior photos and occasionally do a shoot for someone if they ask but I'm definitely not going to market myself and try to turn it into a business. In my gut this feels like the right decision and has for a couple of weeks now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Database, schema, and table sizes in Greenplum

Greenplum update with multiple tables

Show running queries on Postgresql/Greenplum