rsync from iTunes dir to SD card

So I'm using rsync to get music from my Mac to the SD card in my Samsung Intercept. I don't want all my music, I want to pick and choose. I'm using the following as my rsync command:

rsync -hrltvz --modify-window=1 --exclude-from=exclude-from-file

My exclude-from-file looks like this:

- *.m4p
- *.wav
- *.DS_Store
+ Blue October/***
- *

The final - * tells rsync to skip everything. The only thing that is copied over is the Blue October directory and everything under that directory. Any .m4p, .wav, and .DS_Store files are also excluded. To add a new artist for syncing I just add a line + artist/*** to the exclude file.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Database, schema, and table sizes in Greenplum

Greenplum update with multiple tables

Show running queries on Postgresql/Greenplum